We can beat any estimate by 5% up to $500.00! Let our representative provide you with a quick accurate quote.Read more
Moving Antique Furniture
There is some preliminary work that must be done before the move.
Check with your homeowner's insurance to find out which part of the move may be covered under your current policy. Find out if there are any limitations in its coverage.
Is your shipment covered
Find out from your movers what type of valuation protection is offered through their company.
Get familiar with your movers contract aka bill of lading ahead of time. Bill of lading will desribe what your mover is liabile and which items they have no liabiltiy over.
You will need to provide your movers with a list of all items of extraordinary value. This list must include all items with a value of more than $100 per pound. Describe those items on the list separately and add their market value and condition as well.
This list will help packers and movers find those articles and pay special attention at packing them and handling them during the move.
Our packers will build soft or wooden crates to protect your articles.
Movers will do the following:
• Secure loose parts and removable pieces.
• Secure doors with rubber straps or strings.
• Remove delicate handles and tape them inside drawers.
• Remove glass panels, glass doors or mirrors, and pack them separately.
• Remove legs from tables of antique furniture, pack them separately, taping them to the base or inside of a cabinet or a table they came from.
• Place hardware and small pieces in labeled plastic bags. Put these bags in a labeled Parts Box.
Be present at the time of delivery to observe the unload, instruct movers to open all boxes with valuables and antique furniture so that you can you thoroughly review each item and check their condition on the inventory list you have originally created for the items of extraordinary value. If you find any damages or items missing make a note of those. The missing item must be brought to mover's attention immediately, so they have a chance to locate it.